Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hi Again,
Forgot to mention that I went to Italy for 2 weeks. Stayed at a villa just outside of Florence. Florence. Ahhhhhhh, deep breathing. What a magical city. Little winding streets reveal surprises everywhere, from leather shops, to flower gardens, to tiny, elegant espresso cafes. Walked until my feet were raw. The David--oh my--what a thrill. Medici castle, another beauty. Horseback riding past Caruso's home. You can taste the history. Speaking of tasting, I and my friend took a week's worth of cooking classes at the Villa Pandolfini. Chefs Luciano, Marizio, and Fabrizio taught us how to make homemade pasta, tiramisu, Tuscan chicken, all kinds of risoto, and everything fresh, from basil to sage. I recommend the villa to anyone. It IS a 15 minute walk up a steep hill, but it is worth it. The village is charming and the gelato--well--need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment